Do you want a risk-free and accessible way to practice yoga from the comfort of your own home to overcome anxiety, fear, and improve your sleep?
Look no further than Chair Yoga for Seniors over 60, a comprehensive guide written by Uma Devi, a highly experienced Chair Yoga instructor with over 20 years of experience.
In this easy-to-follow book, Uma Devi has designed a program specifically for seniors who may have mobility issues or physical limitations that make traditional yoga poses challenging. With step-by-step instructions and accompanying illustrations, you’ll discover a variety of gentle yoga poses that can help you improve your mobility, increase your energy levels, and promote a greater sense of vitality and rejuvenation. All this without putting undue strain on your joints.
The book’s 10-minute daily routine and simple step-by-step instructions make it a breeze to get started, even if you’ve never tried yoga before. With modifications and variations for each pose, you can adapt the practice to your own needs and abilities. Plus, you’ll learn breathing techniques and relaxation exercises that can help reduce stress, overcome fear and anxiety, improve your sleep, and enhance your overall sense of well-being.
Practicing this method with minimal effort, you can:
- Increase your range of motion and flexibility to easily do the things you love.
- Enhance your stability and coordination to reduce the risk of falls and injuries for greater confidence and independence.
- Say goodbye to back pain and joint/muscular discomfort and enjoy the freedom to move comfortably and confidently.
- Boost your cognitive function and memory to stay mentally sharp and engaged.
- Build your well-being and minimize anxiety to lead a happier, healthier life.
- Improve your sleep quality and energy levels to wake up feeling refreshed and revitalized.
In this book, you’ll have:
- A proven method tailored specifically for seniors based on age-old techniques.
- 67 Chair Yoga poses, with easy-to-follow illustrated instructions, and with specific benefits for each posture.
- 9 specific sequences dedicated to age-related ailments such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Diabetes, Stroke, and more.
- A dedicated chapter with detailed instructions for these cases with poses to avoid and those to prefer.
- 13 sequences of varying duration, ranging from 7-10 to 60 minutes, to build your daily activity plan according to your time and ability.
And much more.
Bonus: the 6 simplest Breathing Exercises (Pranayama) that increase vitality, enthusiasm and the joy of life.
Even if you are new to yoga or you think you’re too old for it, it’s never too late to start. This program is designed specifically with elderly beginners in mind. With modifications for each pose, you can easily adapt the practice to your own needs and abilities. Plus, if you’re dealing with age-related ailments such as arthritis, osteoporosis, or diabetes, Chair Yoga can still be a safe and effective way to improve your mobility and overall health.
Lastly, if you’re worried about not having enough space or time, this program can be practiced even in your bedroom with minimal equipment and just a few minutes of daily practice. With varying sequences of different durations, you can easily fit Chair Yoga into your daily routine and start experiencing the benefits right away.